Saturday, May 16, 2009

05-16-09

I just got back from a week long vacation with my wife! We flew out to Las Vegas and stayed at the Flamingo. It was nice to get away from the cold and rain of Seattle. While in Vegas, we got to meet up with my friend Erica who lives with other artists. One of the rules when you visit is that you must create some art while you are there, so we had a quick photo shoot!

Stacy and I then rented a car and drove to Zion National Park in Utah. On the way we stopped at Fire Canyon and started to see the beautiful red rock. We were very impressed with Zion when finally got there. The park was very well organized and maintained. There are buses that run up and down the canyon that stop at trailheads and vistas. We hiked up and saw some of the pools and waterfalls.

I also got a new blackberry phone and switched my service to Verizon. I get much better reception with my phone now. I also have a data plan that keeps me connected with people through email, facebook, myspace, and model mayhem.

I’ve ordered some new gear recently from Nikon that will help with lighting and I also have the new Nik Color Efex Pro 3 software on the way. This software has 52 different creative filters that I can use to further stylize and enhance my work.

Wedding season is coming up soon! I’ve shot several engagement session in the last several weeks and I’m getting ready for Kwadwo and Jamie’s wedding. There are a couple other photo projects I’m also preparing for in the next few weeks.

Steve Rydgren
Photographer
Imaginessence, LLC

No comments: