Tuesday, April 14, 2009

04-14-09

I’ve had a pretty busy last week and a half with photo shoots!

I had an engagement shoot with Rebecca and Nick at the quad at UW with the beautiful cherry blossoms. It’s kind of hard to get a shot without getting another photographer in it! There must have been 5 other wedding photographers there too.

I also had a shoot with our videographer Ryan in downtown Kent to get some headshots for our new website and business cards. We’re gearing up to have a great new look to our website!

Last Monday I was braving the crowds at Gene Coulon Park to shoot some headshots for Lisa who has an important audition coming up soon.

Last Wednesday I had part 4 of my 12 part series of baby Katie to document the first year of her life. We got some very cute shots with our St Patrick’s Day theme.

This past Sunday I had a photo shoot with Tia and Nyema in downtown Seattle who are working on their modeling portfolios. It was very wet and rainy, but we found some dry spots in Post Alley to get some cool shots.

I have also been finishing up wedding pictures for Ryan and Brittany, and working on revisions for Reagan and Lon’s wedding album!

My friend John Moore from Innovative Images Photography told me about a new book by Joe McNally called The Hot Shoe Diaries. This is by far one of the best photography books I have ever purchased! I’m half-way through it now and I’m getting all kinds of ideas for doing some amazing things with the Nikon Creative Lighting System. I can’t wait to test more of these lighting techniques out soon!

Steve Rydgren
Photographer
Imaginessence, LLC

No comments: